I believe gardens are necessary for maintaining human health and peace of mind. We come from the sea and the savannas, the mountains and the cool, green forests. We live, work and play best in a close, symbiotic association with nature.
Man was not meant for a life of drudgery in concrete canyons. We need the vitality of garden environments for our physical, mental and spiritual well being.
Whether your project is your own home, a residential development, a commercial site, a municipal park, or some other type development, consider creating an oasis. An integration of environment and human habitat that seamlessly merges human spaces with natural places.
I believe in
- creating landscapes for living that expand your live/work space by adding outdoor use spaces that compliment your architecture
- incorporating the principles of sustainable design where practical
- the use of native and naturalized plant species that reduce maintenance, save water, and create ideal habitat for pollinators
- siting buildings and site infrastructure in a way that least disturbs the site
- controlling stormwater at the source, harvesting rainwater for use in irrigating plants, and protecting on-site and downstream waterways
If you’re interested in integrating your project with a great landscape, I’d love to work with you. Let’s make YOUR habitat a place to live, work, play – and dream – embraced and nurtured by garden green.
- For every project, large or small.
- From the early feasibility phase to final construction.
- From individual homeowners to publicly traded companies.
At Rick Freeland Landscape Architecture LLC, I measure success by my clients’ satisfaction. For more than a quarter of a century, I’ve worked to establish a reputation in the industry for top-quality work, hands-on service, and true value. Rick Freeland Landscape Architecture LLC works with respected professionals within the surveying, horticulture and civil engineering fields to give you the depth of expertise usually only found in a large firm—with the attention to detail, flexibility, and personal service you’ve come to expect.
Ready to start? Just give me a call at (678)697-1575.
Check out this article for more on balancing nature and development.
My name’s Rick Freeland, and I’m a registered landscape architect with over 30 years experience working in the private sector. I’ve designed planned communities, commercial sites, parks, veterans memorials and residential gardens.
I’m married to a wonderful girl who somehow puts up with me. We have two sons, and a finicky cat named Henry. In my spare time I like to go fly-fishing and hiking in the Georgia mountains. My wife hikes with me, but won’t do the fishing thing.
I also write. If you like thriller fiction, you can find my books and short stories at my Amazon author page.