Professional Land Design Services
How My Design Services Work
I recommend and encourage creating a site or landscape design based around sustainable principles where practical, utilizing native plants, conserving resources and sourcing materials locally.
For those of you within 3o miles or so of Gainesville, Georgia, I’ll be happy to meet with you on your property or your place of business to discuss your upcoming project. Or in a cafe. Coffee’s on me.
If you’re in North Georgia or the Atlanta metro area, no problem. I can work with you remotely, sending files back and forth via Drop Box.
Simply let me know what you need and I will do a custom design specifically tailored for your project. Depending on the type and scope of the project, I may or may not need to visit your site. My fee is based on the complexity of your project; the type of service needed to convey the design; whether or not I need to make a site visit and take measurements; travel time; and the size of the property. Once the design is complete, I’ll deliver drawings to you and bill you directly.
You can save money on your design by providing me with certain information.
- a detailed design program based on your needs and the characteristics of your site.
- a plat by a registered surveyor showing your home, site or business, along with other site features such as drives, walks, existing trees and shrubs, utility locations and easements, and, if possible, existing topography, or…
- a drawing done by you, to scale, with accurate dimensions and site info
- results of a soil test performed by a certified soils laboratory (for landscape design)
- a soils inventory performed by a certified soils scientist (for site design)
- photos of the site
Design Fees –
My design fee is based on
- the complexity of the project
- the design services you request
- how much preliminary base information I need to compile
I’ll send you a Professional Services Agreement which will include the agreed upon scope of services and my fee estimate.
With Sketch Plans and Concept Plans, I’ll bill you once, after the project is complete. For Master Plans, complex projects, those requiring perspectives, or projects requiring Construction Drawings, I require part of the fee up-front.
No matter the service, all outstanding fees will need to be paid before any drawings are released. The Professional Services Agreement will spell out any other considerations.
Ready to Start?
Give me a call at (678)697-1575, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s get together to discuss your project. And along with the coffee, I may even shell out for a doughnut or two.